GENERAL SYSTEM/INTERNET SAFETY TIPS – ISMS TIPS
1. Use antivirus software: This will protect your computer against viruses and malware that could potentially damage or steal your files.
2. Keep your operating system up to date: Updates often include security patches that will keep your computer protected from the latest threats.
3. Use strong passwords: Make sure your password is unique and includes a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
4. Avoid suspicious links and downloads: Only download software and files from trusted sources and be wary of clicking on links sent in emails or by unknown sources.
5. Use firewalls: A firewall can help block unauthorized access to your computer and protect you from hacking attempts.
6. Secure your wireless network: Make sure your wireless network is password-protected and use encryption to keep your data safe.
7. Backup your data regularly: Regular backups will ensure that your important files are safe in case of a system failure or cyber-attack.
8. Avoid public Wi-Fi: Public Wi-Fi networks are often not secure, so avoid accessing sensitive information while using them.
9. Don’t share personal information: Be wary of giving out personal information online and only share it when necessary and with trusted sources.
10. Use common sense: Use good judgment when accessing websites or opening attachments, and be cautious about what you click on.
CFS ISMS MANAGER